Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Empezamos en Ecuador

Landed in Guayaquil, Ecuador after a wonderful extended trip across the country. Can't say I hate JFK but $1 to play pacman doesn't help. 8 hours in an airport really isn't as bad as it sounds. Yes, no one will give you change for a dollar and yes AT&T does charge $1 for calls to other states, but at least when you fall asleep on your luggage no one bothers you.

Guayaquil is a busy place, I felt really fortunate to get picked up by Keith, Ivan and Miguel. The city really doesn't offer that much to tourists, it is just the place where most journeys begin. We stayed with Miguel's family in a 5 story apartment in the center of the city. First time I have ever seen hardwood ceilings, it feels very different from any homes I have seen in Latin America. The 3 story is actually their office for the company they run. Kind of an interesting model if you are looking for a siesta, or for the shortest commute of all time. As we continued to journey around the city, I got toosh grabbed by Ecuadorian chica. As nice as it was to see that all my years of running had finally amounted to something, I just shyly continued to walk down the street as her friends laughed their asses off. When Ivan, Keith and I finally crossed the street, I waved, winked and continued to enjoy the city. Later we found some laidback nightlife and packed it in to get ready for Cuenca.

No comments:

Post a Comment